WATAUGA COUNTY SCHOOLS TRANSITION FAIR
Post-Secondary Resources and Supports for Exceptional Students and Their Parents
April 8, 2014, 5:00 – 7:00 P.M.
Watauga High School
Have you ever wondered about life after high school?
· There are no IEP’s in college; how can I get the support I need?
· What are my educational options after high school and how do I prepare for these options?
· What about employment; are resources available to help me find a job I like?
· What happens to my Social Security benefits if I work?
· If my son/daughter will still need my support after age 18, how do I retain guardianship?
· Are there options for supported housing or group homes?
· What types of mental health supports are available?
· What supports are available to parents?
· What are my options for recreational activities?
Attend the Transition Fair and find out the answers to these questions and more!
For more information contact Amy Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org or (828) 264-7190.Cilck here for a list of participants.
Read Across America
Teacher of the Year
Erin Selle: Teacher of the Year for HP
Amber Edmisten: Teacher Assistant of the Year for HP
EC Meetings/Staff Development 2013-2014
All meetings are mandatory unless otherwise noted.
Please do not schedule any other meetings at the times noted below.
April 9, 2014- EC Staff Training for Parkway, Blowing Rock and Program Staff @ Parkway Media Center 3:15-4:40
April 10, 2014 - EC Staff Training for WHS @ WHS Room 2202 3:45-5:00
April 16, 2014 - EC Staff Training for Cove Creek, Bethel, Mabel and Valle Crucis @ Cove Creek Media Center 3:15-4:30
April 17, 2014 - EC Staff Training for Hardin Park and Green Valley @ CO- 3:15-4:30
May 7, 2014 -Compliance Committee Meeting -3:30 - 5:30 - CO
June County-wide EC Meeting Date and Location TBA